Friday 5 April 2013

Potatoes, Bacon and Brie!

My version of this recipe


Potatoes
Thick pieces of Bacon (I used cooking bacon from Morrisons)
 Onion - sliced (I prefer red onions, the choice is yours)
Brie (I used half of the triangle that is normally bought)
Olive Oil for cooking only
(You can use ordinary cooking oil, but I would drain the onion and bacon first)
Ground Pepper - optional
Butter

Gently soften the sliced onion with the chunks of bacon in a little olive oil.   Whilst they are cooking. butter a shallow dish and then thinly slice a potatoes (5mm or less if you can) and lay into the bottom of the dish.  When the onions* have soften add them and the bacon to the potatoes.  


Chop the brie and lay on top.  Don't overwhelm with the cheese.


Thinly slice more potato and cover the layer of onion, bacon and brie and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, and a few small pieces of butter.


Slowly cook on 180 degrees (Gas 3) until the potatoes are cooked.


Serve while still piping hot with salad and cranberry sauce - optional

*Always cook onions first otherwise they will always taste and feel raw


The salad was reasonably priced too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!